Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chipotle: Bye Bye Bank Gothic!

I guess the nice thing about an economic downturn is the copious amounts of rebranding going around to try to swoon consumers. The latest to come under my radar is Chipotle. I'm a huge Chipotle fan, so this rebranding is definitely one in which the target market includes myself. I must say, I really like it!

It's not a drastic change. They still have their logo in a circle shape with the type around a pepper, except now it's no longer just a black and white logo. They have different shades of red and are now using a more contemporary typeface instead of Bank Gothic. I think that this change is fitting, seeing that Chipotle mainly caters to a young-adult, contemporary crowd. The pepper is more stylized and adds some life into the logo, making the logo less corporate and more exciting. Overall I think this is one of the better logo redesigns of the year. Subtle enough to not bother the people already used to the older branding, but stong enough to attract new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment